Mums lead the way in time management, even the most disorganised mum is a million times more effective with her day than she was pre-kids. But what’s the use in shaving time off the boring but necessary tasks if we don’t use the time we save to our own ends? I think it’s pointless to get a job done quickly just to do more jobs, so I’m asking mums to really have a think about what they want from life, and make time for it.
Lately, I’ve been thinking a lot about my Bucket List! I’m not being morbid or anything but I see my babies getting bigger and with my youngest is at nursery now, there is a realisation that time is ticking. Before I kick the bucket I want to be sure I’ve done most of the things in life I really fancy, so I compiled a little list! Hopefully it will inspire you to write your own list then start doing some of the things you want to do. Doing the daily juggle can keep you very grounded in reality, and it’s nice to have a dream, so for every Jugglista out there, take 10 minutes out of your day this week to lie back and dream up your own list. See if any of my ambitions resonate with you....
- Go to Fashion College – done!
- Write a book – done!
- Go to a music festival – in progress!
- Dine at Le Manoir Aux Quat’Saisons
- Travel on the Orient Express for my 25th wedding anniversary
- Stay at the Four Seasons Hotel in Beverly Hills
- Take in a show at the Moulin Rouge, Paris
- Do a sky dive from 20,000 feet
- Learn to play the piano
- Go in a submarine to view a shipwreck – maybe Titanic!
- Visit Niagra Falls
- Perfect the art of juggling three balls – in progress!
- Make a model village of my home and surrounding area
- Stay in my pyjamas all day and watch every box set of 24
- See a headline show in Las Vegas
- Take my children to see Santa in Lapland
- Attend the TED talks in America
- Eat strawberries and cream at Wimbledon’s Centre Court
- Climb the Eiffel Tower
- Prepare a Christmas dinner for all the family – by myself! I am learning, this one is in progress!
- Go behind the scenes at Walt Disney HQ
- Fill up my Pandora bracelet – in progress!
- Learn how to blow glass
- Go to a red carpet film premiere
- Complete all the levels on the game Donkey Kong
- Go on a champagne Hot Air Balloon ride
- Be a guest speaker on a luxury cruise-liner
So what’s on your Bucket List? What you want to do? Have you done any of the things on mine? If so, let me know how you found them!
I write a fortnightly column for At Home - the Premier UK celebrity and lifestyle magazine, and this one first appeared on their site www.AtHomeMagazine.co.uk a month ago.
Do visit their website and leave me a comment so we both get to see your opinions! Comments are disabled on this website.
About the Author:
Nadine Hill is a busy working mum (“Is there any other kind?!”) who has a fascination with time management which borders on the obsessive! She loves to find more effective ways of doing the daily juggle whilst enjoying the journey and has lots of practise through raising her two children, growing her small business, being a best-selling author, running her home, public speaking and inspiring others as an Enterprise UK Ambassador. Nadine’s ambition is to help busy mums claw back a bit of ‘me time’ so she shares her tips with AT HOME in these fortnightly columns and her own life stories on her blog-Time Management Mum (www.TimeManagementMum.com) She also micro blogs on Twitter where she is @Businessmum. You can learn more about Nadine at www.NadineHill.com